Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our website.
Privacy and Cookies policy
Your privacy is important to us. It is our policy to respect your privacy with any information we may collect via our website.
The key principles we follow are:
1. Transparency – so you know what information we hold and how we use it
2. Purpose – we only use data to help with your enquiry and enhance our service
3. Minimisation – we only collect the data we need to help you
4. Accuracy – we make every effort to ensure your data is correct and up to date
5. Storage Limitation – we don’t keep your information any longer than we need to
6. Integrity – we keep your data safe from unlawful and unauthorised use
7. Accountability – we regularly monitor that we fulfil the above
Our policy is as follows:
1. Personal information we collect
We may collect personal information that can identify you as an individual. This could be when you subscribe to the newsletter, fill in a form or through other services, features or resources we make available on our site. You may visit our site anonymously if you wish.
We will collect personal information from you only if you voluntarily submit the information to us. The information you give us may include your name, address and email address and other contact information to fulfil your request or order in the most efficient way. We do not store financial and credit card information. Credit and debit card payments are processed by WorldPay. For more information on Worldpay’s T&C’s, please visit: https://online.worldpay.com/terms/privacy
2. Non-personal information we collect
By visiting www.designthinkersacademy.co.uk you aren’t disclosing any personal data – you only disclose personal information by filling out one of our online forms. However, we may collect non-personal information about users whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about the way people connect to our site, such as the operating system and the internet service providers used – plus other similar information.
3. How we use collected information
DTA London may collect and use users’ information for the following purposes:
• To fulfil an enquiry or order.
• To improve our site, products and services.
• To send periodic emails. If you decide to opt in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or update your preferences, we include easy instructions at the bottom of each email on how to unsubscribe. We will check routinely that we hold the correct information about you on our mailing list and still want to receive emails from us.
4. When and how we share collected information
We work with carefully selected service providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf to help fulfil your requests and orders. These include, for example, companies that help us with storing information or sending out emails to our contacts. We only share personal data that enable our service providers to provide their services. We may share non-personal information with our business partners in the Design Thinkers Group, subcontractors, DK&A or with search information providers.
5. How we protect collected information
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. The ‘s’ in https at the beginning of our web address stands for secure. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted. We have access controls to our buildings and files to keep information safe. We only allow information access to employees who need it to carry out their jobs.
We have been assessed against the cyber essentials requirements dated June 2014. Cyber Essentials Certification indicates that our organisation has implemented a sensible baseline of requirements such as Internet facing infrastructure. Including firewalls, routers, end user devices and hosted systems located in the United Kingdom.
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website, if you turn these off you may lose some of the functionality of the site.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
5. Third-party websites
You may find content on our site that links to the sites and services of our partners or other third parties. We do not control the content or links on these sites and are not responsible for the practices of websites linked to or from our site. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. You may not link the DTA London website to your own website without DTA London’s written consent.
Our terms and conditions for purchases
The registration to a DTA London course is a binding contract between you and DTA London. By registering to attend a UK course, you are accepting these terms and conditions and agreeing to comply with them.
2. Refund and cancellation policy
If, after both booking and paying for a course, you need to cancel, you must inform DTA London of such cancellation in writing. Subject to the condition below, you may choose to have a partial refund or transfer the space to a new participant.
If you opt for a refund, 50% of the course fee is refundable up until one month before the start date of the course. No refunds are permitted within one month of the start date of the course. If you are cancelling because of illness, upon the production of a doctor’s certificate you may transfer your place to another course date to be agreed upon by you and DTA London.
If you choose to transfer your space to another participant, you can do this at no extra cost, but you must obtain prior written authorisation from DTA London.
Payment to secure a place on a course can be made via WorldPay online or by requesting an invoice from Design Thinkers Academy. Payment terms are 30 days from receipt of invoice. Interest is charged at 8% for late payment. If you wish to book at short notice, with less than 30 days before a course begins, we will require immediate payment via WorldPay or a PO from your employer guaranteeing payment will be received. If you require more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Cancellation by Design Thinkers Academy
DTA London reserves the right to cancel or change, without notice, any session or course offered on the programme. DTA London will endeavour to offer a place on the same session or course at a later date or a place on an alternative session or course. Where this is not possible or you don’t want to accept the alternatives offered, DTA London will offer a full refund. DTA London are not responsible for participants’ expenses, such as travel, meals and accommodation, if we have to cancel a session or course.
5. Force majeure
DTA London shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of this agreement for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes or labour disputes, embargoes, government orders or any other force majeure event.
1. Keeping virus free
We make every effort to ensure that the website is free from viruses, however, Design Thinkers Academy London (DTA London) gives no warranties that it will always be virus-free. You are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate and up-to-date virus-checking software on your own devices.
This website is owned and operated by Design Thinkers Academy London, a division of David Kester & Associates Limited, whose registered address is 13 Princeton Court, 53-55 Felsham Road, London SW15 1AZ, UK, and registered company number is 08874623.
The website and its content are governed by English law. All parties are required to comply with UK legislation relating to websites and e-commerce. From 25 May 2018, we will comply with new laws on handling personal data within General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For reference see the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
Please get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.
If you would like to find out what data we hold on you then please address your query to Sophia, our Data Protection Officer.
+44 (0) 208 432 3222