Terms and Conditions
While every effort has been taken to ensure that the website is free from viruses, Design Thinkers Academy London (DTA London) gives no warranties that it will always be free from viruses. You are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate and up-to-date virus-checking software on your own devices.
1. Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users subscribe to the newsletter. We may also collect it in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site. Users may visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit the information to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and financial and credit card information.
2. Non-personal identification information
By visiting www.designthinkersacademy.co.uk you aren’t disclosing any personal data – you only disclose personal information by filling out a registration form. However, we may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about the way people connect to our site, such as the operating system and the internet service providers used – plus other similar information. We may share non-personal information with our business partners in the Design Thinkers Group, subcontractors, DK&A or with search information providers.
3. How we use collected information
DTA London may collect and use users’ information for the following purposes:
• To improve our site. We may use feedback that you provide to improve our products and services.
• To send periodic emails. If a user decides to opt in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website – such as cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of users and to see how they move around our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
5. Third-party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. You may not link the DTA London website to your own website without DTA London’s written consent.
Our terms and conditions for purchases
The registration to a DTA London course is a binding contract between you and DTA London. By registering to attend a UK course, you are accepting these terms and conditions and agreeing to comply with them.
2. Refund and cancellation policy
If, after both booking and paying for a course, you need to cancel, you must inform DTA London of such cancellation in writing. Subject to the condition below, you may choose to have a partial refund or transfer the space to a new participant.
If you opt for a refund, 50% of the course fee is refundable up until one month before the start date of the course. No refunds are permitted within one month of the start date of the course. If you are cancelling because of illness, upon the production of a doctor’s certificate you may transfer your place to another course date to be agreed upon by you and DTA London.
If you choose to transfer your space to another participant, you can do this at no extra cost, but you must obtain prior written authorisation from DTA London.
Payment to secure a place on a course can be made via WorldPay online or by requesting an invoice from DesignThinkers Academy. Payment terms are 30 days from receipt of invoice. Interest is charged at 8% for late payment. If you wish to book at short notice, with less than 30 days before a course begins, we will require immediate payment via WorldPay or a PO from your employer guaranteeing payment will be received. If you require more information please contact email@example.com.
4. Cancellation by Design Thinkers Academy
DTA London reserves the right to cancel or change, without notice, any session or course offered on the programme. DTA London will endeavour to offer a place on the same session or course at a later date or a place on an alternative session or course. Where this is not possible or you don’t want to accept the alternatives offered, DTA London will offer a full refund. DTA London are not responsible for participants’ expenses, such as travel and hotel, if we have to cancel a session or course.
5. Force majeure
DTA London shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of this agreement for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes or labour disputes, embargoes, government orders or any other force majeure event.
This website is owned and operated by Design Thinkers Academy London, a division of David Kester & Associates Limited, whose registered address is 13 Princeton Court, 53-55 Felsham Road, London SW15 1AZ, UK, and registered number is 08874623.
The website and its content are governed by English law. All parties are required to comply with UK legislation relating to websites and e-commerce. For reference see the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
+44 (0)20 8432 3222